Chef Teren Green, or “Chef T” as athletes call him, is a top performance chef responsible for providing the healthy fuel for professional athletes. He’s been the team cook of several pro teams and was the man behind the stove for the U.S. women’s soccer team’s 2019 championship run.
Part of what makes a winning team is having a winning diet. Chef T is an expert at using recovery foods like peanuts to get athletes the meals needed to keep up their nutrition.
His Udon Noodles with Peanut Chili Sauce is an ideal dinner or lunch for athletes after a hard workout or game – and pairs perfectly with his recipe for Chicken Skewers with Peanut Chili Sauce (especially since you can use the same sauce for both).
Meals don’t come much more nutritious than this with the likes of carrots, mushrooms, edamame, bell peppers, peanuts and more included.
Here are the ingredients and amounts needed for Chef T’s Udon Noodle with Peanut Chili Sauce.
- Packaged Udon noodles (2)
- Fresh Red Bell Pepper (1 cup)
- Fresh sliced Shiitake Mushrooms (1 cup)
- Fresh Shredded Carrot (1 cup)
- Frozen Edamame Beans (1 cup)
- Peanut Chili Sauce from Chicken Skewers Recipe here (1/4 cup)
- Sesame oil (1/4 cup)
- Fresh Scallions (1/4 cup)
- Crunchy Chili Oil
- Sesame Seeds (2 Tbs)
- Lemon zest (2 Tbs)
- Salt (2 Tsp)
- Sake (for deglazing pan)
Here’s how Chef T makes his Udon Noodle with Zesty Peanut Sauce.
1. Boil Udon noodles for one minute. Cool and sit aside.
2. Sauté Red pepper, shiitake mushroom, carrot, edamame, in sesame oil until tender.
3. Add Peanut Chili Sauce (from Chicken Skewers recipe) & sauté until sauce begins to stick to the pan.
4. Deglaze pan with sake wine and add noodles.
5. Coat noodles with sautéed mixture and garnish with minced toasted peanuts, scallion, lemon zest, sesame seeds, crunchy chili and salt .
- Calories: 466
- Calories from Fat: 235
- Fat: 26.1 g
- Trans Fats: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.6 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 1687 mg