Chef Teren Green or “Chef T” as his athletes belovingly know him, is a top chef who found his niche making meals for the world’s best athletes. He was the mastermind providing the fuel for the U.S. women’s soccer team when they brought home the trophy in 2019.
In this recipe we see a crossover between the power of peanuts combined with the ever-popular sushi dish. The Crunchy Peanut Sushi includes peanuts which athletes eat for recovery, along with vegetables and fruit.
Sushi can be a perfect dish for endurance athletes’ recovery. The sushi and peanut combination create a prime recovery meal for players like the U.S. women’s national team.
This Crunchy Peanut Sushi recipe can either serve as a light dish to snack on or a full meal.
Here are the ingredients and amounts needed to make your very own Crunchy Peanut Sushi. The Peanut Chili Sauce used here is from one of Chef T's other recipes. Directions to make the sauce can be found here.
- Cooked Sushi Rice (2 cups)
- Fresh Red Bell Pepper (1)
- Fresh Avocado (1)
- Fresh Sliced Mango (1)
- Cream Cheese (1/2 cup)
- Cucumber (1)
- Peanut Chili Sauce from Chef T's Chicken Skewers recipe here (1/4 cup)
Here’s how Chef T makes his Crunchy Peanut Sushi.
1. Deseed and julienne pepper, cucumber, avocado, and set aside.
2. Roll julienned ingredients including cream cheese in sushi rice.
3. Once sushi is rolled thinly slice mango and layer onto sushi roll.
4. Wrap sushi roll into plastic wrap and refrigerate.
5. When ready to serve garnish with Peanut Chili Sauce.
- Calories: 350
- Calories from Fat: 171
- Fat: 19
- Trans Fats: 0.34 g
- Cholesterol: 29.3 mg
- Carbohydrates: 42.3 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sodium: 495