There’s an old myth out there that you can’t enjoy any desserts when you’re training as a top athlete. Chef Teren Green, or “Chef T” as the professional athletes he cooks for call him, is here to disprove that.
Chef T makes meals, snacks and even desserts for the best of the best including the U.S. women’s soccer team that went on to become world champions in 2019.
Green’s Peanut Butter Bananas Foster is a healthier alternative to your favorite desserts while still satisfying that sweet tooth.
In this dessert dish he combines the key recovery ingredients of peanuts and bananas while sprinkling in some surprises like dark rum and ice cream. Every good meal ends with a little dessert at the end.
Here are the ingredients and amounts needed for the Peanut Butter Bananas Foster dessert.
- Large Ripe Banana (2)
- Toasted Peanuts (1 cup)
- Graham Crackers (1/2 cup)
- Peanut Butter (1/4 cup)
- Brown Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Butter (2 Tbs)
- Dark Rum (2 oz)
- Banana Liqueur (2 oz)
- Vanilla Ice Cream (1 pint)
- Fresh Blueberries (1/4 cup)
Here’s how Chef T makes his Peanut Butter Bananas Foster.
1. Medium slice bananas.
2. Crunch toasted peanuts and graham crackers.
3. Sauté bananas, blueberries, and peanut butter in butter.
4. Once hot, with extreme caution add dark rum, banana liqueur and ignite.
5. Pour mixture onto vanilla ice cream and garnish with crunched peanuts and graham crackers.
- Calories: 716
- Calories from Fat: 366
- Fat: 40.7 g
- Trans Fats: 0.26 g
- Cholesterol: 44.3 mg
- Carbohydrates: 61.3 g
- Protein: 16.2 g
- Fiber: 6.4 g
- Sodium: 181.5 mg