The world’s best athletes often turn to the power of the peanut for recovery from their grueling workouts. It takes the right kind of meal to properly fuel endurance athletes like professional soccer players.
Chef Teren Green, or “Chef T” as he’s also known, supplies athletes with these kinds of dishes. Green found his niche making meals for the pros. One of his biggest jobs was cooking up the food for the U.S. women’s soccer team when they became world champions in 2019.
In this dinner meal he utilizes the recovery benefits of chicken and adds on a tasty Peanut Chili Sauce. This also works great alongside a number of different Asian dishes.
Here are the ingredients and amounts needed for the Grilled Chicken Skewers with Peanut Chili Sauce dish.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh (2 lbs)
Peanut Chili Sauce
- Toasted peanut kernels (1/4 cup)
- Sesame Oil (1/4 cup)
- Scallions (1/4 cup)
- Garlic (1/4 cup)
- Oyster Sauce (1/4 cup)
- Sesame Seeds (1/4 cup)
- Palm Sugar (1/4 cup)
- Cilantro (1/4 cup)
- Chili Oil (1/4 cup)
- Scotch Bonnet/Habanero (1)
- Balsamic Vinegar (2 Tbs)
- Salt (2 Tsp.)
Here’s how Chef T makes his Grilled Chicken Skewers with Peanut Chili Sauce
1. Wash chicken and cut it into 4-inch strips.
2. Dry and skewer chicken lengthwise.
3. Blend remaining ingredients in food processor.
4. Marinate chicken with half of Peanut Chili Sauce (other half will be used for Udon Noodles recipe).
5. Grill chicken until the internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Notes: Since about half of the marinade/peanut sauce will be used in the recipe, the nutrient analysis is based on approximately 1.25 cups of marinade.
- Calories: 483
- Calories from Fat: 240
- Fat: 26.7 g
- Trans Fats: 0.05g
- Cholesterol: 213.2 mg
- Carbohydrates: 10.4 g
- Protein: 47 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Sodium: 2190 mg