With a prominent badge recognized around the world, the history of Chelsea FC is very rich. Starting in 1905, the team's logo featured a man in an army headdress. The image was borrowed from the Royal Hospital Chelsea, where veterans of the British army were treated. From 1952-1953 while the team awaited a new logo, a monogram of the letters "CFC" was used. In 1953, the new logo was complete. It featured a blue lion taken from the family coat of arms of the Earl Cadogan Club. In 1986, Ken Bates, the new owner, simplified and madernized the logo.